Skip to main content

Grand Tetons and Yellowstone

We just returned from two wonderful weeks hiking and sightseeing in Yellowstone and Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I hadn't been to Yellowstone or the Grand Tetons since I was a kid, nearly fifty years ago and then only briefly. I had completely forgotten how awe inspiring those mountains are and how humbling it is to be a little flyspeck on that vast landscape.

In addition to the fantastic scenery we were very lucky to see both Grizzly and Black Bears, Moose, Elk, Wolves, Eagles and lots of Buffalo. One of the Bear encounters was particularly exciting because we had to quickly jump into our car when the big Grizzly charged up a hill and went right behind our car. I snapped the picture below out the back window as the Park Ranger was yelling and we were diving into our car.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Climate Change and Open Science - WSJ.com

This Wall Street Journal article Climate Change and Open Science - WSJ .com made the right basic point about liberal hypocrisy in the Climate Change debate, but disappointingly it failed to cite the best sources of real information from an unbiased scientific point of view. I believe that source is Dr. S. Fred Singer & Dr. Craig D. Idso , from the Science and Environmental Policy Project and Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change, who coauthored "Climate Change Reconsidered; The Report of the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change" published in 2009. In this book, the petition letter shown here from Dr. Frederick Seitz ( Ph . D. Physics) President Emeritus of Rockefeller University was published. Dr. Seitz circulated this letter: urging fellow academics with qualifications in the physical sciences to sign the petition at http://www.petitionproject.com/ and thereby acknowledge their agreement with this statement in the petition: Accor...

John Malone on America and Obama

You just have to love Dr. John Malone. The guy's a certified genius but also a "what you see is what you get" straight-shooting kind of guy. His Ph.D. is from Johns Hopkins, BA is science from Yale, worth $2.3 billion (according to Forbes, but probably way low because they just couldn't find all of it). He ran TCI (America's largest Cable company) and sold it to ATT for $54 billion. He's the kind of person that you could just sit and listen to for hours. He's so logical, well informed and well spoken. In a recent interview with the Wall Street Journal here's a few nuggets from what he had to say... (I agree with him about Obama) WSJ: What are the biggest risks for Liberty right now? Mr. Malone: I think the biggest concern I have for the next year or two would be on the retail side, because of the consumer sentiment and the macro conditions. The concerns really tend to be much more macro: Is America going to make it, rather than are we going to make it?...