Skip to main content

Forrester's Josh Bernoff & Charlene Li Test-driving Cisco's Telepresence

Being an employee of Cisco, I've had the opportunity to use Cisco's Telepresence system about half a dozen times now. It's a truly remarkable way to communicate with customers and business colleagues while saving travel time and cost. But, as usual, Josh Bernoff noticed something interesting about the experience that hadn't occured to me. In his blog post Josh describes the persuasive effect that a realistic visual experience like Telepresence can have...

"look someone in the eye and if you're right, they can see it. Telepresence can be persuasive."

And if you're wrong the same thing is probably true. It's a powerful tool, probably more powerful than we have even begun to realize yet. That time we're saving in not having to travel to a meeting is likely to get redirected at making what we say on a Telepresence call more meaningful and better able to pass the "look someone in the eye" test.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Climate Change and Open Science - WSJ.com

This Wall Street Journal article Climate Change and Open Science - WSJ .com made the right basic point about liberal hypocrisy in the Climate Change debate, but disappointingly it failed to cite the best sources of real information from an unbiased scientific point of view. I believe that source is Dr. S. Fred Singer & Dr. Craig D. Idso , from the Science and Environmental Policy Project and Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change, who coauthored "Climate Change Reconsidered; The Report of the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change" published in 2009. In this book, the petition letter shown here from Dr. Frederick Seitz ( Ph . D. Physics) President Emeritus of Rockefeller University was published. Dr. Seitz circulated this letter: urging fellow academics with qualifications in the physical sciences to sign the petition at http://www.petitionproject.com/ and thereby acknowledge their agreement with this statement in the petition: Accor...

Health Care

I spent nearly three hours today trying to understand the meaning of the Obamacare legislation. I am a reasonably intelligent individual, I have experience analyzing legislation (in my work), I know generally where to look and despite all that, I found it to be basically incomprehensible. This suggests to me that most people; don't have a clue what has happened, how it will effect them, why it was necessary (0r not), when it will take effect, what it will cost, what the alternatives might have been (or might still be), or in general what they should think about it. I'm going to try again to decipher it and when I do, to write here what my opinion is. Right now I am suspicious of it simply because it's too complicated to understand.